Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Have You Seen My Happiness? I've Seemed to Misplace It

I love my mother and she is an interesting woman.  The best piece of advice she could have ever given me was "Don't let anyone steal your joy." 

People who know me knows that I am passionate person.  I am passionate about a lot of things.  Other people who possess as much passion as I do can understand me when I say...my passion gets me in trouble sometimes..not like commit a crime trouble or anything, but I tend to let people have the best of my emotions when they don't deserve that much energy from me.  I know I'm not the only person that struggles with this, but what I do differently then most people (now) is revisit what my mother always told me growing up (refer to above).  Life is crazy sometimes, and it will sideswipe the shit outta you unexpectedly catch you off guard.

There are many more miserable people out here then happy ones.  Therefore if you are one of those "happy people" you have to fight to stay happy.  I have always said that no one is out here handing out happiness and if they are, let me know what corner they are standing on, I wanna sign up. There are so many BITTER, ANGRY, and UNHAPPY people I come in contact with on a daily basis.  They are upset at how life has turned out for them, and rather then accepting life for what it is which is sometimes FUCKED UP they rather walk around bitter spreading the bitter gospel amongst everyone they come in contact with.  At some point folks, you have to decide to be happy.  You have to decide that you will no longer give this person, place or thing domain over your state of happiness.  I REPEAT NO ONE IS HANDING OUT HAPPINESS..but there are plenty of people out here that are trying to take it from you. 

You know why there are so many bitter, angry people in the world, because its easy..it's so effin easy to be bitter and angry with other people and at life.  It's comfortable to be bitter, you don't have to work hard at it, there is no room for perfection in it.  Bitter is as Bitter does....Now don't get me wrong....this world and the people in it can do some EFFED up things and have an EFFED up thought process, but that doesn't mean you should let their intellectual shortcomings effect your peace of mind.
 
Don't let anyone steal your Joy........

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.- W.E.Henley

No comments: